Friday 7 October 2016

FCP Pre Arrival Activity

Hi! I'm currently in my third month of University life at Nottingham Trent studying Fashion Communication and Promotion and I'm absolutely loving it (although I do miss my boyfriend a hell of a lot). Before arriving at University, in fact before I knew if I had achieved the grades I needed to get on this highly oversubscribed course, I was set an activity to complete which I would bring with me to present and discuss during Fresher's/Induction Week.


The description of the activity was as follows:

Identify examples of what you feel are some of the best Fashion Communication and Promotion touch points. Who in your opinion is translating, projecting or exploring fashion codes and messages in an innovative and exciting way? 

What are you reading, watching or following? We are interested in your perspective, introduce us to your current preoccupations and fashion favourites! 

Select, print, photograph or collect the following:
1. Three digital examples (blogs, websites, twitter feeds)
2. Three printed examples (magazines, brochures, brandzines)
3. Three retail examples (shop windows, visual merchandising, shop interiors)

When I first read through what I had to do I definitely PANICKED but once I actually sat down and thought about it, I realised how exciting and fun it would be!

I'm a massive lover of making things look aesthetically pleasing so I decided to display my choices on three separate mood boards. Unfortunately, when I first started University I had a Nokia phone which was about £10 from Tesco's (with NO camera!) as I lost my iPhone on holiday and cancelled my insurance just weeks before (Ugh such a long story lol)... So I didn't take any pictures of my mood boards which I am really unhappy about. 

It turned out that there was no reason to get worked up about this task, all the tutors put everyone at ease and we all discussed our ideas with one another so it was very relaxed!

Brandi Kristine

Photo credit: Google


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig