Thursday 27 October 2016

Serious Slashes: Presentation


Hi! Today was the day that I had to present with my group about my chosen trend Serious Slashes (it was safe to say that I was VERY nervous!). Preparing for the presentation was tiring to say the least but we made it by the grace of God!

For our presentation we had to create 4 mood boards, the areas we had to look into were:
TREND FORECASTING
MEDIA
RETAIL
CONSUMER

Initially this seemed like a lot of work, but I've noticed this pattern where once I start a task I get so into it and end up actually going a bit over board! (Oops!). I felt the best way for us to get our thoughts down was to create brief mind maps for each area and then we researched our ideas through different sources (Magazines, Pinterest, Online, Real Life, Trips etc.) In addition, we also wanted to explore different types of design cultures that could have potentially influenced the trend including architecture and graphics.

I've included images of my work down below so you can kind of get my drift!




TREND FORECASTING
Trend Forecasting board: History, Current and Future Inspiration,
Architecture and Advertisements replicating slashes.


MEDIA
Media Board: Magazines, Art, Dance, Photography


RETAIL
Retail Board: Street Style, Mannequins



CONSUMER
Consumer Board: Consumer Profile, Invest in the Lifestyle




Overall, I really enjoyed this project (I just hope the rest of my projects are this fun and interesting!). This project was a good learning curve, it made me understand what we should do and what we shouldn't (It taught me to have my project brief right beside me as I'm doing my work!). 

I'm really looking forward to my next project which I'll be talking about in about a week or so! If anybody wants to ask any questions about my research I did then feel free to comment down below. 

Brandi Kristine



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig