Monday 21 November 2016

Creative Concept: Visual Analysis

Hi! About a week ago, we were set another formative project which had two parts to it. The first part we had was to create 3 mood boards communicating our creative concept and the second part an individual written visual analysis of a fashion photograph.

This task really helped me to develop my ability to analyse fashion images. The fashion image which we were allocated was by an important fashion photographer and either from a fashion shoot or an advertisement.

I was allocated a fashion image taken by the great Annie Leibovitz. I deconstructed the image, analysed the visuals and interpreted what I could see.


Alice in Wonderland For Vogue By Annie Leibovitz

I began this essay with an introduction to what I've been asked to do in my brief and how I will be deconstructing the image above. I then went on and discussed my interests about the fashion photographer Annie Leibovitz and the key moments of her career. I went into a brief description about the image i.e. what I can see and the surroundings (this may sound very easy but it was not!).

After about a 15 minute break, I carried on discussing formal analysis and a deeper interpretation of the fashion image. Of course, for our first essay of the semester I wanted to nail it and I do believe I might have OVER thought this and waffled quite a lot! Nevertheless, I was really happy with this project because it's not in my comfort zone and I was challenged - which I really enjoyed.

I'll share some screen shots of my Creative Concept: Visual Analysis essay below:




There it is! I hope you have good eyes to read that small print! I'll be updating you guys with my Creative Concept: Presentation shortly so keep your eyes out for that!

Brandi Kristine 









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig