Monday 14 November 2016

2016 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Hi! I honestly couldn't wait to post this update! This evening, I watched my favourite Award show of all time! If you didn't catch the featured live story feed on your SnapChat then quite frankly you've missed out! 

GLAMOUR Magazine in my opinion is the definition of class when hosting events. I just love the idea of gathering a bunch of successful women together and celebrating one another!  

I think the absolute highlight for me was when Rashida Jones introduced Women of the Year honouree Nadia Murad, the young Iraqi women who escaped enslavement by ISIS and has not stopped fighting justice ever since.



Another huge moment of course Amy Poehler introduced Bono (for the first time, the awards honour a man!) and made light of the fact that he was a controversial choice for Women of the Year honour. He mentioned that poverty overwhelmingly affects women, and that they face discrimination every single day. His speech was awe-inspiring. 



He got very serious when he talked about his wife and daughter, and the powerful women who have made him realise that there is not a single country on earth where women have the same opportunities as men. For a man to feel so passionate by this statement shows incredible maturity - I think he's fab!

Brandi Kristine

Photo Credit: Google, Getty Images for Glamour  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig