Monday 28 November 2016

Vogue Editorial: Let's Dance

Editorials have always been a great interest of mine, I just love staring at them for hours on end! Today my lecturer gave us our final formative project which is the Execution stage - we was asked to do a DIY photoshoot and produce three high quality photographs.

In groups of about 5 or 6 we was allocated a creative concept taken from existing editorial shoot from the Vogue Archive. My group was given the Vogue Editorial: Let's Dance - May 2004 photographed by Corrine Day. I wasn't very familiar with Corrine Day so I went away and in my own time researched her style and movement.






Corrine Day is part of the Realist Movement, she tells a story of reality rather than fantasy throughout her photoshoots. Her style is very grungy glamour which you can see from the above images. The Let's Dance Editorial almost feels like the backstage of a dance show. The colour palette is very moody and pale, you can see this by the model's face expressions and body postures. As I researched more in depth, I realised Corrine Day could've been inspired by many different movements such as  dance - Guy Bourdin and Nick Knight or Art - Toulouse'-Lautrec (1800s).

This editorial reminds me of the movie Moulin Rouge and what I think Nicole Kidman and her dancers' dressing room would look like.




As part of our project, we got the opportunity to re-create this editorial, we also had to incorporate a fashion accessory we were given by our lectures. We was given a hand bag (at first I thought we was given glasses and I nearly had a meltdown!) and I couldn't of been happier. I will be posting images of our final 3 photographs in a few days. 

I really wanted to express my feeling and thoughts about the editorial I was given and I can't wait to start shooting as I think this will be my favourite project out of all formative projects that we've been given!

What do you think about Vogue's Editorial: Let's Dance? Tell me your thoughts and feelings in the comment box and I'll be happy to respond!

Brandi Kristine 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig