Wednesday 23 November 2016

The World of Gucci

Hi! Gucci is an Italian luxury brand of fashion and leather goods. I wasn't the biggest fan of Gucci until I started getting older, now my love for this brand just keeps increasing. To me, their greatest decision was making Alessandro Michele the new creative director. As a student, I can't afford to buy their most expensive pieces but I have been gifted some accessories and even a hand bag (thanks mum!).

Over the past years, I have been gifted a leather belt with a double G buckle, a GucciGhost Pouch, Women's Gucci Tian Slip-on Sneaker, GucciGhost Leather Tote and Gucci Web Slide Sandals, most of which were birthday presents (I must admit, I am a tad spoiled - being the only girl in my family!)

This year, I gifted myself with the Gucci Web Slide Sandals. The packaging looked modern and clean. I was really happy coming home to this little beauty!
Last week, in our seminar we looked at multiple brands and all of the different ways that brands say who they are. We were put in groups for our Creative Concept project and this was a little activity to get us started. In my group we had the brand Aēsop.

Mind maps of the brand Aēsop. First thoughts of the brand.

Looking into more depth - Target Consumer, the brands 'Big Idea', Interior of flag ship store.
I really enjoyed this activity and because I loved it so much, I thought I'd share the information with a different brand of my choice. Without even realising it, there are a mix of design elements that formulate the brand Gucci:


Logo:

Colour/Tone:
Elegant and grounded statement of colour when used on it's own,
but a strong accent to many other colours 

A refreshing and revitalising shade


Key Product:
Hand bag: Desire, Quality, Exclusivity


Message/Gesture: 
Glamour, Luxury, Sophistication


Geographical Location:
An entire country full of inspiration
I think the breakdown of the brand really puts into perspective of how good Gucci is at communicating to their consumers even without being outright with their brand name. When you see green and red strips you'll instantly think of Gucci. When you think of GG you think of Gucci. When  you see a sexy, topless model in an advert, you think of Gucci.

They are a brand who have totally reinvented themselves with the little help of Alessandro Michele. I have been told that before him, people would think of Gucci as quite tacky (which I agree with entirely!). Michele bought the romance, quality and taste back in Gucci and quite frankly I'm loving everything he's doing! 

What do you think?

I'll add a link to the Gucci website if anybody is interested in have a look at their new collection: https://www.gucci.com/uk/en_gb/

Brandi Kristine

Photo Credit: Google Images, Gucci, Pinterest, Pantone, Brandi Monteiro
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig