Thursday 17 November 2016

The Tale of Thomas Burberry

Hi! It's that time of the year again, your favourite stores have gone all out with their visual merchandising and shop front windows! Those keen family members have already started telling you what they want for Christmas and the much anticipated Christmas adverts have finally been released.

I hate adverts! I'm always the one to run off and make myself a cup of tea whilst those long adverts casually disrupt my quality Hollyoaks! However, Christmas adverts... I see them more as a short movie! Their fantastic but one has caught my eye in particular.

Burberry Logo

Domhnall Gleeson plays Thomas Burberry

Burberry is a brand that I don't really pay any attention to. However, in today's seminar we was discussing brand adverts and my lecturer played Burberry's Festive Film 2016 (and thank God he did!). This advert felt like a trailer to a movie, I don't think I've ever watched an advert so intensely! The narrative, the cast, the music - everything was perfection.

I feel as though this advert has a great balance of educational and entertainment factors. It shows the making of their infamous trench coat which soldiers wore during the war and how Burberry supplied the protective clothing to Antartica. It's great to think that I've learnt that in just 3 minutes whilst watching an advert! 

I will put the official video below for anybody who is interested in watching the advert and feel free to leave a comment telling me your thoughts!

The Tale of Thomas Burberry: The Festive Film 2016


Brandi Kristine

Photo Credit: Google





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig