Wednesday 19 October 2016

Research in London

Hi! My first trip on my course at University was a day out in London. I was ecstatic as London is my hometown and I love love love this city! Earlier this week, my tutors split everybody in my course into groups and gave us our first project (which was very scary but exciting all at once!). I was in a group with 4 other girls and my context trend was Serious Slashes.

The aim of the trip was to collect as much research as we could on retail and street style. For the street style images it was constant running - up, down and around Oxford Street asking randoms if we could take pictures of their outfits! As a group, we also went into stores capturing images of visual merchandise, mannequins and clothes which we thought represented the slash trend. 

I've included images below of the day trip so you can kind of understand my drift (I know they're not the best quality, I'll be investing in a decent camera soon, thank God!)

STREET STYLE

 MANNEQUIN - STORE FRONT


 VISUAL MERCHANDISE 

I haven't gone into much depth as I know this won't be everybody's cup of tea so I won't waffle, but after this day trip I really feel this has broadened my knowledge on a wide range of areas (believe it or not but we actually learn more than just clothes on FCP) as well as understanding what a slash trend really is (I was a bit confused and mistaking it for a slit, vent or rip at first). 

Again, I apologise for the poor picture quality, but I won't let that stop me from blogging!

Brandi Kristine 

Photo Credit: Gemma Harper

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig