Monday 24 October 2016

Customer Segmentation

Hi! Todays seminar we discussed Customer Segmentation. In particular, we looked at the brand Marks and Spencer, this topic interested me a lot because I never thought this would be such a successful marketing move on their behalf. We looked at all the sub-brands within the shop floor and compared the garments in each collection.

Customer Segmentation (in my words) is understanding customer differences - A brand like Marks and Spencer understood that there are many 'types' of consumers and with this, they categorised consumers which share similar needs into groups.







Autograph and Indigo are just a few collections M&S have designed for their consumers. With the images above, I believe Autograph was designed for a middle age, working class women (maybe your mums great style is from a local M&S near you!) I say this because the price range of this collection is roughly between £25-£149 (Lord knows I can't afford no £149 jacket!). The collection reflects a contemporary or minimal feel with modern silhouettes. Another brand is Indigo which I feel target the younger generation. This collection varies from casual-chic to cosy-cool. The products range from £15-£79 which is a fantastic price strategy (bargain or what!) it allows younger consumers to keep shopping within the brand as many girls don't have the disposable income to buy expensive clothes.

Learning about Customer Segmentation was very beneficial to me, I got a glimpse of the demographics (simple, factual - about the consumer), behaviour (why the consumer wants to buy your product, behaviour around the product e.g. interested, excited) and attitude (phycology e.g. how the customer is buying the product, what's going inside the consumers head) a brand will look into when considering a collection.

Well, I'll leave a link to the M&S website if anybody's interested in looking more into their collections. I hope you enjoyed it!

Marks and Spencer: http://www.marksandspencer.com/

Brandi Kristine
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brandi Kristine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig